The seventh annual Jeepers for Vets Food Drive will take place on Saturday, December 5 as the Jeep and 4×4 community pull together once again to support our local Veterans and First Responders.
** November 30 update **
Due to the rapidly increasing number of positive COVID cases in Calgary, and the intent to crack down and issue steep fines to both organizers and participants of indoor and outdoor events, the meetup portions of this year’s event will be cancelled.
** **The drop-off of donations and the ability to donate financially online are still a go. ****
The intent behind Jeepers for Vets has always been to support those who have pledged their lives – and in many cases, given their lives – to protect and make life better for others. This includes supporting our active and retired Veterans and their families, our first responders and increasingly, our medical and healthcare workers.
The social aspect of the events is always fun, and builds on the strong community of the Jeep and 4×4 family, but that is secondary to the overall intent of what we do, and who we’re supporting.
So, for this year’s event:
- If you prefer to make a financial donation to the VAFB instead of a physical donation, that can be done directly online.
- If you have collected and / or purchased donations of non-perishable items for the VAFB, those can still be dropped off directly with them Saturday, December 5. There will be large cardboard bins placed in the parking lot at the front of the VAFB office for you to deposit your donations. If there are multiple vehicles there at the same time, please obey all AHS guidelines for social distancing and gathering maximums to keep everyone safe.
A HUGE thank you to everyone that has been asking whether the event is still a go — the passion behind this event every year is amazing!
And last but not least, a HUGE thank you to those of you who reached out to see how you could help with volunteering and directing vehicles to keep groups small.
Hopefully next year will see a return to the full event experience!
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
- 9 am – 3pm– Jeepers and 4×4 owners to drop off their donations directly at the Calgary Veterans Association Food Bank. Feel free to decorate your vehicles in a Christmas theme and / or add some Canadian flags.
Dropoff destinationVeterans Association Food Bank #10, 820 28th Street NE, Calgary, AB T2A 6K1 Google map
- There will be several large cardboard bins with spacing between them placed in the parking lot at the front of the VAFB office.
- Be sure to adhere to all AHS guidelines and restrictions.
- Once you have unloaded your donations and placed them in one of the donation boxes, please leave the area to make sure there is plenty of room for the next vehicle/person.
This is Shawn with the 46 Willy’s. Was disappointed but not surprised at your decision to cancel the meet-up. Hopefully next year will, as you mentioned, be back at full capacity for this and all other worthy cause gatherings. Keep up the good work fellas