** November 30 update **
- If you prefer to make a financial donation to the VAFB instead of a physical donation, that can be done directly online.
- If you have collected and / or purchased donations of non-perishable items for the VAFB, those can still be dropped off directly with them Saturday, December 5. There will be large cardboard bins placed in the parking lot at the front of the VAFB office for you to deposit your donations. If there are multiple vehicles there at the same time, please obey all AHS guidelines for social distancing and gathering maximums to keep everyone safe.
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
- 9 am – 3pm– Jeepers and 4×4 owners to drop off their donations directly at the Calgary Veterans Association Food Bank. Feel free to decorate your vehicles in a Christmas theme and / or add some Canadian flags.
Veterans Association Food Bank
#10, 820 28th Street NE, Calgary, AB T2A 6K1
- There will be several large cardboard bins with spacing between them placed in the parking lot at the front of the VAFB office.
- Be sure to adhere to all AHS guidelines and restrictions.
- Once you have unloaded your donations and placed them in one of the donation boxes, please leave the area to make sure there is plenty of room for the next vehicle/person.
Participant Liability Disclaimer
By participating in the event, you agree to release Jeepers for Vets, its organizers, volunteers, supporters, sponsors and beneficiaries from any and all liability relating to financial loss, injuries or death that may occur during travel to and from the activity, during the activity and at the activity locations. You also acknowledge the risks involved in winter driving and participating in a winter event. These include but are not limited to potentially dangerous road conditions, driving in a group, poor visibility, cold temperatures, icy or slippery conditions on the way to and at the activities. You swear that you are participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to you through this liability disclaimer. Additionally, you agree that do not have any conditions that will increase your likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity. By participating in past, current or future activities, you forfeit all right to bring a suit against Jeepers for Vets, its organizers, volunteers, supporters, sponsors and beneficiaries for any reason. You will also make every effort to obey all traffic laws and safety precautions as listed in writing and/or as explained to you verbally. You will ask for clarification when needed. Additionally, participants will review, understand and adhere to all applicable guidelines and/or restrictions as determined by Alberta Health Services relevant to COVID-19.