The ninth annual Jeepers for Vets Food Drive will take place on Saturday, 3 December, 2022 as the Jeep and 4×4 community pull together once again to support our local Veterans and First Responders, and their families
Members of the public are also welcome to drop off any donations with the participants before the convoy begins.
Saturday, 3 December, 2022
9 AM – 9:30 AM — Jeepers and other 4×4 owners to arrive with their donations and collect any donations dropped off by others.
9:30 AM — The convoy will leave for the Veterans Association Food Bank.
10 AM (approx) — Arrive at the Veterans Association Food Bank (around the back of the building) to unload donations.
Real Canadian Superstore (Deerfoot Meadows)
20 Heritage Meadows Way SE
- Stick to the roads — no driving over or parking on curbs or grassy areas.
- Park only in the designated area highlighted in green.
- Absolutely no stunting, speeding, revving, wheel climbing or other unsafe behavior will be tolerated.
Veterans Association Food Bank
Bay 10 820 28th Street NE
- Drive to the BACK of the building for unloading.
- Leaving the Real Canadian Superstore parking lot, turn right onto Heritage Meadows Way SE.
- At the lights, turn left onto Heritage Drive SE. and follow it up the hill to Blackfoot Trail SE.
- Take the right onto Blackfoot Trail SE.
- Follow Blackfoot all the way to where it becomes 17 Ave SE and continue over Deerfoot Trail.
- Turn left at the lights at 28 St SE.
- Turn left at 16 Ave SE.
- Turn left at 27 St SE.
- Turn right onto Barlow Trail SE.
- Follow Barlow Trail to the lights at 7 Ave NE and turn right at the lights onto 7 Ave NE.
- Follow 7 Ave NE to 28 St NE. (You should see a BRINKS building in front of you.)
- Turn left on 28 St NE then take the second right parking entrance and follow it around to the back of the VAFB.
- Be sure to obey all traffic lights, signals and laws. Intersections will not be closed for us and there is no need to rush or all arrive in one group.
- Calgary being Calgary, it may be +20ºC and dry or -40ºC and snowy. Please dress and drive appropriately.
- Radio frequency: 146.850 (See Repeaterbook entry for details.)
Participant Liability Disclaimer
By participating in the event, you agree to release Jeepers for Vets, its organizers, volunteers, supporters, sponsors and beneficiaries from any and all liability relating to financial loss, injuries or death that may occur during travel to and from the activity, during the activity and at the activity locations. You also acknowledge the risks involved in winter driving and participating in a winter event. These include but are not limited to potentially dangerous road conditions, driving in a group, poor visibility, cold temperatures, icy or slippery conditions on the way to and at the activities. You swear that you are participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to you through this liability disclaimer. Additionally, you agree that do not have any conditions that will increase your likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity. By participating in past, current or future activities, you forfeit all right to bring a suit against Jeepers for Vets, its organizers, volunteers, supporters, sponsors and beneficiaries for any reason. You will also make every effort to obey all traffic laws and safety precautions as listed in writing and/or as explained to you verbally. You will ask for clarification when needed.