Wow! Just wow!
Participants this year blew away previous attendance and quantities of donations on the coldest day we’ve had for the event. -25˚C (not including the windchill) and we had just about fifty Jeeps this year. Considering the current economy and the chilly weather, the amount of donations and participation was just phenomenal!
The Christmas decorations on the vehicles and the Canadian flags looked awesome, and the Chapelhow Legion commented on how grateful they were for what you all did. One of the Veterans Food Bank staff said, “it was amazing seeing all those Jeeps rolling in.”
So thank you all again, and a shout-out to the following for their support of the event this year.
- The Military Museums for letting us converge on their parking lot.
- Chapelhow Legion for hosting us after the event and providing nice hot coffee and beef stew.
- The Veterans’ Food Bank for opening their doors to us on a Saturday – they did this just for our event.
- E-mortal Customs for donating several raffle prizes for participants.
- MediaTrends Inc. for donating airtime to advertise the event.
- Everyone who set up donation / collection boxes at their workplaces.
- The pipers from the Ogden Legion Pipe Band who played some tunes for us.
Look forward to seeing everyone again next year!